Friday, November 7, 2008

Second day's play

Could not see the day's play completely because of my afternoon exam. Little did I know that i was in for a surprise when I came back home seeing the match. It had turned on its head, chief architect being, well who would have guessed? Jason Krejza. I don't think he will ever have a repeat of this performance against any team let alone India. The lad was quite unassuming in his approach. He took 8 wickets for a plenty. It could partially be attributed to India's complacent approach towards him. It was always on the cards that he was going to pick up wickets if the batsmen went reckless against him. One shouldn't deny the tall off spinner any credit though. He thoroughly deserved the reward for his very consistent bowling.

India in the first session went on in a very professional manner. They did not lose a wicket in the first session. Ganguly and Dhoni were looking steady. They were quite evidently taking the game away from the Aussies. I did not know what happened in the second session where India were bowled out and Australia went on to pile up on the runs. I was busy writing my exams. I did quite well in the test so to say. And in Nagpur there was a debutant ripping through the lower order of the Indian batting.

The third session though belonged entirely to Australia. They piled on the agony for India by some steady batting. Katich and Hussey were looking quite ominous. I turned off the T.V. I think India have been undone today by sheer complacency. Had India posted a bigger total, which would have been possible if they had respected the steadiness of the rookie off spinner, they might have won the day. Their complacency has cost them the day and probably the match. I can't think of a worse collapse by India. Sure they might have collapsed before. But all teams can collapse to incisive bowling which Australia clearly lacks.

No comments: